For those of you that go to my school…
Can we just take a moment and appreciate how fucking beautiful Dance Bravo’s performance was? I mean, they never cease to amaze, but today’s was EXCEPTIONALLY beautiful! They all wore maroon tee shirts with something written on the back. (I couldn’t read all of them, but most of them were derogatory words or names.) And they started out in a line, with one dancer in a slightly different color shirt out in front. That dancer was doing this really cool solo that felt really distressed, but powerful, and all the other dancers would walk by and scorn her somehow. Then they they all started dancing and I’m pretty sure they ended up doing the same thing as the one dancer. Then they were in pairs and it was like they were helping them, then they would push them down or something, and it was all so fluid and beautiful! It was all so symbolic and amazing to watch! I don’t really know much about dance and how to interpret it, but what I got from it was how in every human, there’s hate and spite, but behind that hatred is a weakness. And through that weakness we feel alone, and we push people away, but what we don’t see is that everyone has a battle— internally and externally. We battle the scorn from others, but also from ourselves. The first dancer’s solo represented the isolation felt through the hate of others, but when the other dancers begin to dance the same way it shows how we all feel that loneliness. There was also this really cool part when some would curl up on the ground and other dancers literally stepped on them. It showed how weak we feel as humans when oppressed by others… I could go on and on… GAH! I don’t even know if this is even right at all or even close to their intent, but I think their amount of ambiguity in terms of interpretation should be applauded! That’s another thing I love about art…(and this is an excellent example) How beautifully a message can be expressed. They’ve taken an idea and artistically portrayed it in a way that is quite frankly breath-taking! Anyway… Amazing job dancers!
Tagged with #Gah! #Dance #Art #Seriously amazing #Sorry if this is kind of out there #I wish I could watch it again. #To look for things I missed or remembered incorrectly. #but GAH! #Beautiful! #Great job Dance Bravo! #4 for you dance bravo #you go dance bravo! #x)
- dormitabis likes this
- colombiana0622 reblogged this from mountaingoatofgreatness
- colombiana0622 likes this
- attilathehungry likes this
- thinkingfordays reblogged this from mountaingoatofgreatness
- thinkingfordays likes this
- smeezzuuzz likes this
- reelclose likes this
- peace-out-bitchachos likes this
- liceham likes this
- yanastrangeandcomplicated said: Yea youre so right. It was kind of about bullying. And how you get pushed down 7times stand up 8. And when we bully others we still are hiding our own insecurity and at the end we all rose above them! [: ps colton you are adorable.
- yanastrangeandcomplicated likes this
- yanastrangeandcomplicated reblogged this from mountaingoatofgreatness
- trueandrew reblogged this from jackjumpscandle
- jackjumpscandle reblogged this from mountaingoatofgreatness
- jackjumpscandle said: Their dance today was literally flawless. So deep and meaningful.
- jackjumpscandle likes this
- trueandrew likes this
- mountaingoatofgreatness posted this